Monday, March 21, 2011

Time. Pictures. Faulkner. Time.










I have to say that I have attempted to read Faulkner, but I always end up dwindling away from the pages and getting lost in what it means. "Does this mean this, or does this mean that?" that sort of thing. Maybe I'm always over-thinking every sentence. Luckily, it's not a life or death situation, and my disability to read Faulkner didn't affect the above. So...for anyone else who couldn't get through more than fifty pages, here's a quote that I love. So read it, and then you can say, "Yeah...of course, I've read Faulkner! It was a piece of cake!" But, I'll leave it up to you. ;)

"Clocks slay time... time is dead as long as it is being clicked off by little wheels; only when the clock stops does time come to life."
William Faulkner


No comments:

Post a Comment